Monday, May 4, 2009

School bookstore takes another crack at this replica jersey thing...

I really don't understand why it's so difficult for the school's bookstore to produce a decent looking replica basketball jersey at a fair price. They now sell the jersey above, a screen-printed version of the current Mason basketball jerseys. $55 is a steep price for these, the sleeves and font look wrong and it almost looks like a jersey worn by a 10 year-old in a rec league game. The bookstore has been trying since '06, but the result is always a ridiculously over-priced item, that often looks sloppily put together. For example, back in 2006 fresh off the Final Four, the bookstore took advantage of the demand and sold this jersey for $80:

Of course I bought it on impulse thinking I'd never see anything close to it every again. Seems like I was right but it definitely took a large chunk out of college lifestyle budget, which wasn't much. Shortly after I bought it, it ended up on the discounted clearance rank and I felt like a sucker so you can see my frustration.

I'm mostly angry because unlike other schools, there's really no where else to get Mason jersey's. I know Mason nation isn't exactly a huge fan base but the fact that I could probably piece together a better looking Mason basketball jersey myself with help from Eastbay and lettering companies, is pretty sad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hosted Desktops